Thursday, September 16, 2010

Africa #2

Africa update #2.

Sunday- We spent the day at Jaska. This is the secondary school which boards junior high age kids. I never thought I could learn so many life lessons in one day. These kids are amazing. They are in school 9 months out of the year and only go home 3 times for a month. The kids lead the service today. They did many presentations for us that were so moving. The one that moved me the most was a group of 5 kids. One girl would pray in swahli and then all 5 of the childre would sing. Lord we pray for this Valley make this Valley a mountain of God. Then she would pray some more. I was totally in tears. These kids have a trunk with their stuff and that is it. It is a small trunk that sits on the end of their bed. They also sang a song called I am not Forgotten which talks about how they are not forgotten because God knows who they are. It says I have a hope and a future, God has a plan for me. It is so true. God has a huge plan for all of these kids. The Jaska kids go to school everyday. Monday- Friday is traditional school. Saturday I believe they spend 4 hours and on sunday 2 hours in independat school work. They go to their class room and just do work. There is no adult supervising but they know what they are to do and do it. This would not happen in an american school. We got to eat lunch their and chat with other groups from other states. We then we shopping at the local mall and prepped for VBS which started the next day.

No comments: