Monday, June 6, 2011

School ending!!!

So yesterday was a bitter sweet day for me. I had my CFS (child and family studies) graduation party. A lot of them will be graduating next weekend. I was really worried at the begining of the year as the 2 girls I got know really well weren't coming back. As this year has progressed I opened up more to the people in my classes and made some great friends. I am bummed to not be walking with them this weekend, but looking forward to my own graduation later this summer.

On a happier note. The CFS department gave us cords for graduation which was really sweet. Everyone recieved purple cords for our department. I was honored with a purple and yellow cord because I was in the honors program. It was a really cool experience. I am so glad I went to the party. It is just crazy to think of how different graduating from high school and college are from each other. I barely passed high school and I am graduating college with department honors, latin honors and national honor society.

I feel so blessed to have had the opertunity to get my degree. There have been so many people who have supported me and for that I am grateful. If it wasn't for one individual kept encouraging me to apply for FAFSA I never would have been here. She is a true blessing to me and I don't know if I can ever thank for enough for supporting me and believing in me. I could go on but the point is I feel very blessed to have the people in my life who support me.


2 comments:

meg said...

I am so very proud of you!!! I am also praying and very much looking forward to see what lies ahead in your future. Way to go lil sis!

Jessica said...

I am so proud of you, too! Seriously, it is a huge accomplishment to graduate, and here you are doing it with honors! You are an amazing woman and I know God his big big plans for you.