Thursday, October 8, 2009

update!!!!

So it has been a really long time since I have blogged. Life is really crazy right now. What can I say. I am not really even sure. I started full time at Portland State it is definetely and adjustment. I am sort of in a funk right now. While I know there are a lot of people who care about me I feel really alone right now. I don't know if it is being unsure about school or just life in general. I am trying ot fight the funk.

Days like today make me really miss my Dad. I have been trying to deal with all this car stuff since I got rear ended. My dad would have handle a lot of that. I took for granted all the things my dad used to take care of until he his not here. People used to say it would get easier and in some ways it has in others it is much worse. So many things lately have happenend that I know my dad would have loved to see. Some examples is that Alyssa is a Senior this year. Alyssa held a special place in my dads heart. My dad would be so proud of her. Then I look at Ammy. That little girl has dified everything the doctors thought. She is running around happy and healthy as we can all tell. My dad would be proud of all his grandkids.

Sorry I know that is probibly not the blog you wanted to read but that is where I am right now. I know that God has plans bigger than I can imagine and life will get better.

I will try to post tomorrow about Africa!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I stopped by on a fluke and am SO excited that you have decided to give blogging another try!

I think that losing someone we love may get easier with time but there are always things that make their loss seem like it was yesterday. I only met your dad once or twice but I am positive that he would be super proud of you!

Unknown said...

Melissa, I understand about your Dad. He was such a special person and cared about his family so very much. Some days, even after all this time, are just hard and you wish he were here in person. Just remember that he is with you always, praying for you in Heaven. I'm sure that you don't quit being a parent just because you are in Heaven. Your family has been such a witness to others in the way you handled Ammy's illness, in how you support each other and love each other. Please know that you are very loved and cared about by us and many others. You are all in our prayers.

Unknown said...

I forgot to say how excited we are that you are going to Africa. I know it is something you have wanted to do and your Dad would have been so excited about that too. We will be praying and send us a fund raising letter when it is time!