Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 2010

So I am really bad at updating but I am going to try and do a monthly review It might be easier. This is not in any particular order.

  • At the begining of January I got a letter that I qualify for National Honor Society. While I know alot of people recieve this I never thought I would. I was never really good at school so I love that I am doing well in College.
  • My weekends have been filled with hanging out with awesome friends. From movies to Ava's and girl chat sessions ( there are more twilight fans out there then people want to admit) I have had a blast. Where was all this fun when I wasn't trying to find stuff to do during Christmas break.
  • I experienced mediterian food. That was so good. I have practiced making cafe frappes and have cut out a little bit of Starbucks ( definetely a hard habit to break)
  • Africa trip planning is going well. I am sending out my support letters this week. Even with all the fear of traveling without someone I am close to, I feel like this trip is totally in God's hands. We are doing an informational evening on February 27th and TCC.
  • Ammy had to go to the hospital with some issues. They will be doing another MRI to find out exactly what is going on. It is a little scary but we know that we have God to rely on.
  • My friend got baptized. She has had a really hard life and it is so exciting to see her join bible study in Sept. and now be baptized.

With all the craziness that January has brought, I have also been learning some lessons:

  • As much as I want people to be proud of me and support me it is not about those people. I need to remember that God is the one who needs to be proud of me. I should be striving to hear him and him alone say well done.
  • People will let you down, they will hurt you over and over again but again it is God that will always be with you.
  • I will always miss my dad it will just be in different ways
  • Our world is full of pain and sorrow but there is always a hope in Jesus.

I know this is a really long post sorry. Just wanted to get it all down when I could.

2 comments:

meg said...

as always I am very proud of you! thanks for the update it was about time :)
love you!!!
Mich

Unknown said...

We are so proud of you and how well you have been doing in school. Reading your blog also shows that you are really growing in your relationship and dependence on God. Way to go Melissa!! We are praying for you and your trip to Africa. It is amazing that when we trust God more, He often grants us the desires of our hearts- like your trip to Africa. Keep up the good work!