Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tithing and money

So In church we have been talking a lot about finances. This I struggle with. I am getting back on track but have to say it is really hard. I have gotten myself in to lots of debt. I do not like fighting with the bank but have had to over weird charges. It is all so stressful to me. When talking about it in church we talked about how our money is given to us by God and we need to give back to him in return. This is so hard for me. I live basically pay check to pay check so when face with giving and addition 10% away that seems really hard. So I was very stress on monday to sit down and write my bills for August and start paying things away. I was going to be in the hole, yet when I decided that no matter what I was going to give to church this month I got paid extra then I had budgeted from both jobs plus a house sitting job and being paid back money owed to me. It is so cool to see how God always works when we do as he asks. I am loving this journey I am in in rediscovering God.

3 comments:

Holly and Cory said...

Hey cousin, I have totally gone through this in the last year. It is really hard and the people who have been doing it for a long time or their whole lives forget how hard it really is. But I will say that it works out. Funny thing is when I have those months that I do tithe I end up with extra money by the end of the month whereas when I don't tithe end up in the hole a little more. Keep on trying I know its hard!

Missarrie said...

What a great testimony for all of us. Thank you for sharing; we all struggle from time to time. Stay the course God will always deliver!

Aunt Marie

Missarrie said...

Hey Melissa: I got your message about the cross stitched precious moments; I would like to have them back if it is not too late. I do not have your email address would you send it to me. Thanks a lot!